In 2011, the New York State Office of the Medicaid Inspector General (OMIG) required that home care agencies billing over $15 million, directly or indirectly, provide evidence to a Verification Organization (VO) that their claims meet the highest standards for accuracy and compliance. For agencies who sub-contract their home health services, there is now the additional challenge of ensuring their sub-contracted visits meet these same high standards.
The questions we ask you are:
Can your agency:
- Guarantee that unregistered and non-credentialed subcontractor employees do not put your organization at risk for New York state OMIG fines and penalties?
- Guarantee all sub-contractor visits are confirmed and invoiced to you only after meeting New York state OMIG requirements?
- Be proactive in ensuring sub-contractors provide services which match the patient’s Plan of Care?
Want to know the answer to these questions?
Discover HHAeXchange – one of only a few VOs in New York state. We are ready and waiting to assist you.
HHAeXchange allows agencies to manage all aspects of their subcontractor business via a single innovative platform. You become dynamically “linked” to all of your subcontractors, creating a shared environment where Caregiver Compliance, Scheduling, Visit Confirmation, and Billing all take place.
- You control the scheduling so sub-contractors can never create and confirm non-compliant visits;
- You have a real-time window into sub-contractor caregiver information – you can be assured all aides are registered, credentialed, and compliant; and
- Your sub-contractors can never bill you for visits which do not meet New York state OMIG requirements, eliminating non-compliant claim submission caused by subcontractor errors.
Not only does HHAeXchange offer industry-leading systems to ensure OMIG compliance, but as one of only a few VOs, we deliver the necessary industry expertise and consulting services.
- Perform the required audits to prove your entire business model all New York state OMIG requirements;
- Evaluate your agency processes and implement industry best-practices; and
- Confirm your subcontracted caregivers are not working overlapping visits with other agencies.
I've been managing and submitting my claims via HHA eXchange and I have one word....fantastic! My billing time has been cut drastically. I better control my visits and employees, but work less at it. It is so much easier to stay in compliance with HHA eXchange… thanks Homecare Software Solutions!Greater NY Homecare
Our experiences using the HHA eXchange program have been very positive. Their compliance toolset is excellent, and really gives us confidence that we are billing as near error-free as possible. It has greatly decreased unnecessary workload. It all just flows and is extremely user-friendly. My staff is extremely happy with it.Susan Katz, Summit Home Health Care
We looked at several systems and realized that HHAeXchange had what we needed for now and into the future.Yelena Davydenko, Victor’s Home Care