HHAeXchange & Nascentia Health Partnership
Section 12006 of the Twenty-First Century Cures Act (Cures Act) and The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) requires that states begin utilizing an Electronic Visit Verification System (EVV) for all Personal Care Services by January 1, 2021. As a result, we are excited to share with you that Nascentia has partnered with HHAeXchange (HHAX) to leverage their platform for our payer services and needs. We are strong believers in the ability of their technology to help us communicate and work with you to ensure the best quality care of our members. Not only will this allow for a smoother partnership between your organization and ours, it will also make your work easier.
Through the HHAX platform, we will be able to send placements, create and manage authorizations, and most importantly, communicate – all in real-time.
In addition, the HHAX platform offers a robust agency management solution that can help streamline and automate time-consuming agency functions including scheduling, Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) and billing of services.
What does the HHAeXchange Portal provide to homecare agencies?
The HHAeXchange Portal provides a direct connection from the agency to Nascentia Health for:
- Electronic case broadcasting, authorizations, plan of care management and entering confirmed visits
- Real-time two-way messaging with Nascentia Health
- Free EVV solution for time & attendance and duty tracking
- Electronic billing
Your Agency’s Options:
- Agencies currently using HHAeXchange: You will be able to continue using HHAeXchange, utilizing the system’s Linked Contract functionality.
- Agencies currently using another 3rd Party EVV Solution: Authorization data will become available in the HHAX Portal. Schedule and visit data will be imported from your 3rd party system into HHAX. Please work with your EVV Vendor to determine requirements to set up this interface.
- Agencies not currently using HHAeXchange or a 3rd Party EVV Solution: You will receive a free HHAX Portal to receive authorizations and submit claims/invoice data. HHAeXchange’s Business Development team will reach out to you for portal agreements.
Provider information Sessions:
Starting September 2020 – please refer to the tab labeled “Info Sessions”
System User Training:
Starting mid-September 2020 – please refer to the tab labeled “Training”
Targeting October 11th, 2020 for providers to begin using the HHAX Enterprise platform for all home health aide services.